As hemp is slow to absorb (but does absorb a lot) we recommend pairing these inserts with a material that is faster to absorb to avoid flooding, like; cotton, microfibre or bamboo (with hemp being on the bottom).
1 x Hemp / Cotton blend insert.
36cm x 14cm.
4 layers (335gsm).
55% Hemp and 45% Cotton.
- Combines the softness of cotton with hemp's great ability to absorb.
- Hemp is a natural fibre which means it's prone to shrinkage, our inserts have been prewashed before being made which will reduce the chance of having drastically missshapened inserts after your first wash. However you may experience curling at the edges after washing which is normal and should reduce over time, please see our tips below in relation to reducing this.
- Wash once before use.
- Avoid over-drying and over-washing on high heat as it can cause extreme shrinkage. However, as hemp can take a little longer to dry ensure that your inserts are dry all the way through before storing or using them.
- After washing your inserts they can be stretched/flattened by hand before hanging them up to dry, this can help with curling at the edges (which can happen as they are a natural fabric). Please also note that pilling around the edges is normal and a sign of a good wash routine with suitable agitation.
- Because of their natural oils hemp inserts can take up to 8 washes before they reach maximum absorbency. Accordingly, you may want to wash them a few more times before use to fully strip the oils.
Please ensure that you read our wash and care instructions found here before using.